Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Homemade Salsa


I could honestly say I was not one of those people that would sit and eat chips and salsa.  Not even free at a Mexican restaurant.  Until I started making my own.  There is something about making your own salsa and knowing what goes into it that makes it taste better.  And you really get bang for your buck.  I can make 3 times more salsa than buy with the same amount of money.  And mine....tastes a lot better, and is better for you.

1 can Cento San Marzano whole tomatoes OR 8-10 fresh Roma tomatoes with stems cut out
1 cup cilantro (I love love love cilantro and put as much as I can in this)
juice from 1 lime
1 tbs cumin
1 tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 jalapeno deseeded (more or less depending on your heat tolerance)
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 onion

Throw all of it into a food processor or blender until mixed....and enjoy!

**This recipe is clean eating and 21 Day Fix approved**
21 Day Fix:  counts as your purple, just measure it out

No comments:

Post a Comment