Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Creamy Tomato and Basil Soup


I know what you are saying....another soup recipe??  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE SOUP!!!  Plus, this week has been a week of illness for me and my two babies.  So soup is a comfort for me when I am sick.  And Tomato and Basil Soup is one of my all time favorites.  So why not experiment with making it clean!  Again....I use my old trick of pureed cauliflower to add creaminess instead of milk or cream.  But no one will be the wiser!

28 ounce of can of Cento San Marzano Whole Tomatoes (3 purples)
1 head of cauliflower chopped (4 greens)
1 1/2 cups no salt added chicken broth
1/2 onion chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon EVOO
1 teaspoon Himalayan or Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
6 fresh basil leaves chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (1 blue)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Directions:  Heat oil, garlic, and onion on medium-high in a large pot for 5 minutes.  Add chopped cauliflower and chicken broth.  Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer on low for 30 minutes.  Remove cauliflower and put into a blender/processor until pureed smooth.  Add back to the pot.  Pour can of tomatoes into blender/processor until pureed to desired consistency.  Add to the pot.  Add salt, pepper, basil, powders, and cheese.  Mix well, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.  Serve garnished with shredded cheese or turkey bacon if desired.

Yield:  4 servings
**This recipe is clean eating and 21 Day Fix approved.**
21 Day Fix:  1 serving is 1 purple, 1 green

No comments:

Post a Comment