Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Almond Crusted Fish Sticks


Fish Sticks?  I pretty much grew up on them.  I'm sure you did too.  So with children of my own, I am constantly looking for foods that are child-friendly, quick, and delicious.  This recipe is just as easy as removing the store bought kind from the freezer and baking.  And quite delicious, if I do say so myself.

1 cup of raw almonds
4 filets of fish (I used Tilapia, you can use whatever fish you like....Salmon would be great!)
Himalayan or Sea Salt
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder

Preheat the oven to 350.  Lightly spray baking sheet with olive oil spray.  Cut the fish filets into chunks or strips.  Place almonds in a food processor and blend about 1 minute, or coarse crumbs.  Place almond  crumbs in a shallow dish or bowl.  Coat each piece of fish with the almonds and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle fish lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Bake for 10 minutes, flip fish, bake for another 5 minutes, or until fish is done.  Enjoy!!!!

Yield:  4 servings (4 reds and 4 blues)

**This recipe is clean eating and 21 Day Fix approved.**
21 Day Fix:  each filet is 1 red and 1 blue

No comments:

Post a Comment